Veggie Philly Cheese Sandwich
I can’t tell you how much I love this. It feels like I’m eating something super horrible for me, but really it’s mostly sauteed veggies! Instead of a normal Philly sandwich which is mostly stuffed with beef, I switch out the beef for mushrooms and like to add bell pepper and onion. You definitely get all the satisfying flavors as a standard Philly but with a lot less calories! I mostly use mushrooms, onions and bell pepper but feel free to pile in whatever leftover veg you have in your fridge!
- 2 wheat sandwich rolls (or whatever kind of bread you want)
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1/2 lbs mushroom (or a few handfuls) sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 slices cheese
- Saute onions and bell pepper on medium heat
- Once onions and bell pepper have softed (after about 5 minutes) add mushrooms and garlic. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking to the pan.
- While veggies cook, slice rolls in half and add 1 to 2 slices of cheese to each roll.
- After veggies are thoroughly cooked, stuff rolls with veg mix.
- Add any other toppings and enjoy!