Healthish Foodie Nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award
I am so very excited to share that today’s blog is a little different from what I normally post because….Healthish Foodie has been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award!!!
Along with 11 other blogs, Healthish Foodie was nominated by For the Love of Teachers! I can’t thank you enough and as a beginner blogger that still has much to learn about this big wide blogging world, it’s very encouraging to know that all my hard work is paying off and connecting with other bloggers in the process.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
1. What is your niche? Tell us a little bit about your blog.
My blog is called Healthish Foodie which I have been dedicating my afternoons, sweat and tears (so far no blood!) to since February 2017. Healthish Foodie helps it’s readers to eat a little healthier by providing quick and easy recipes using simple ingredients.
2. Why did you create your blog?
There’s a common misconception that eating healthy means spending a fortune on groceries, having professional kitchenware and/or being a chef. I created Healthish Foodie to help show others that healthy food can be easy and no special skills or equipment required. A common theme that I was seeing among friends and others of my generation is that they are beginning to live by themselves, but have no idea how to cook anything besides the basic microwave pizza or cereal. I wanted to create a blog that would help them learn how to cook simple recipes that are more nutritional than a frozen meal.
3. What are your hopes and dreams for your blog?
My ultimate dream would to have my own cookbook based on my blog. My blog is a stepping stone to get me there but it’s headed in the right directions. I’m hoping that later down the road Healthish Foodie will have it’s own meal plans and cooking classes to further help it’s readers by giving them the tools to create their own healthy, delicious meals.
4. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging for about four months now. I launched Healthish Foodie in February of 2017. It’s taken a lot of dedication and hard work to get my blog where it is now, but I love every minute of it!
5. Which blogs do you follow that inspire you?
Because I’m a food blogger my inspiration comes from other bloggers that have grown their audience and are able to make a full time income directly from their blog. Pinch of Yum is one of the biggest food bloggers and is so inspiring of how this couple can keep up with all their new adventures.
Vegan Richa is another inspiration of mine. Her recipes are so simple and delicious. But like REALLY REALLY delicious. And she is also from the Seattle area which is really exciting and I hope I can some day meet her. Richa if you are reading this please can we be besties?
And lastly, Linsay Nixon from Happy Herbivore has been a big inspiration and guidance for my blog as well as my philosophy on food. I’ve been a fan of hers since she was not so popular and was making youtube videos from her tiny kitchen. When I learned from her blogs that your body is actually healthier without meat or dairy it was mind blowing. I see what success she is having now and I think to myself that if she can do it, then I can do it too.
6. Do you blog full time or just as a hobby?
Yes?…I work close to full time on my blog, but have yet to make any money from it so I guess technically it’s still a hobby. I also work as an online ESL teacher which allows me with most of my day free so that I can spend so much time on my blog. Eventually I would like to monetize my blog and the dream is to make a full time income from it.
7. What are some mistakes or lessons that you learned about blogging?
Before I started my blog, I tried to research as much as possible how to grow a successful blog. I always read about how much work it was and that you had to be super dedicated to putting in long hours and sleepless nights. I thought I was up for the challenge but you never really understand until you jump in. Blogging has been much more work than I thought it would be but also a lot more rewarding. There is a huge blogger community and it’s exciting to interact with other people that are just as passionate about your interests as you are.
8. Why should others read your blog?
Others should read my blog if they are looking to eat healthier, want to cook something simple by themselves or are interested in trying a vegetarian/vegan meal. My recipes are tested (by me) so you know you are getting a super extra delicious recipe.
9. How do you inspire others?
I think I would have to ask those that I inspire to answer that one….I like to think that I inspire others by leading by example. If I start eating healthy, losing weight and feeling great then maybe someone will see that and want to join in. If I’m able to inspire someone to cook a healthy meal for themselves and they really love it and want to continue doing it, then I’ve done my job.
10. What are the biggest challenges with blogging?
Computers. I am not really tech savvy at all. I can pretty much do all your standard stuff, but learning how to create a website and make things look the way you want is like learning a whole new language..literally! When it comes to creating content and typing up a post, that’s the easy part for me. When it comes to creating pop-ups and formatting and code, I’m completely lost and would gladly chop off a leg to have someone else do it. But I’ve still got two legs, so I guess I’m hanging in there!
11. In what ways to you support others (bloggers, friends or family) in helping them grow?
I do have a group of what I consider newbie bloggers who have somewhat recently started blogging that I like to follow, like and comment on their content to help support them in the hopes that they will support me as well. As for family and friends, I try to always be encouraging so that they will feel confident cooking an awesome meal by themselves. I like to share what I know to inspire others to eat healthier as well and improve their health.
Again I want to thank For the Love of Teachers for my nomination, my readers and fellow bloggers for their support and encouragement along the way.
As for my nominations, I want to ask…
- Tell us a little about your blog and what was the driving force behind it’s creation?
- What are your top 3 blogs that you look to for inspiration?
- What is your favorite food and/or cuisine that has also inspired one of your recipes?
- What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?
- What do you do to get inspired to create a recipe or blog post?
- Which celebrity chef would you love to meet and what would you talk about?
- What has been your biggest struggle when it comes to blogging?
- What is the hardest dish/recipe you have ever made?
- What is one thing you wish non-bloggers knew about blogging?
- When did you start blogging and what is your schedule/blogging routine?
- What do you LOVE about blogging?
I can’t wait to read your answers!!