Ranch Cauliflower Poppers
WARNING! These are dangerously delicious.
When these little poppers were born, I was in between tutoring online and completing various tasks for my blog. I was super busy, but needed a break for a few minutes so I decided to make something to snack on. These poppers came together super quick and I took them back to my desk to munch on while working.
I couldn’t help myself. I couldn’t stop eating them. They were just SOOO good. The recipe turned out great which I guess is good for the blog, but I ended up not getting ANY work done because my hands were with filled with cauliflower all afternoon. So just a word of advise when making these, they will taste delicious, you will LOVE them, and so will every one else so don’t leave them unattended because they will get eaten!
Great! Now that you’ve all been warned, you should definitely make these. The batter is as simple as possible with just a mix of flour, water and some spices. The bread crumbs with ranch dip mix help to make the poppers super crunchy and flavorful.
1/2 head of cauliflower cut into florets
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp dill
1/2 cup bread crumbs
3 1/2 tbs ranch seasoning and salad dressing mix
- In a small bowl mix water and flour together adding more water little at a time until a runny batter is achieved.
- Mix in dill and pepper to batter
- In a separate small bowl mix breadcrumbs and ranch seasoning
- Dip florets one at a time into the batter, tapping off the excess (THIS IS IMPORTANT!), and cover with breadcrumbs.
- Place florets on a lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until florets are golden.