BBQ Chickpea Wrap
The secret to eating healthy is planning ahead. PLAN. PLAN. PLAN. I do admit it can be challenging and I STILL struggle with planning out my meals but when I do everything runs SO much smoother and I’m unbelievably more productive. However, sometimes it’s just not gonna happen. On those days I like to stick to easy quick recipes that won’t take out hours of of my day to make. One of my favorite go-to’s is BBQ chickpea wraps.
Chickpeas? I know so surprising I’m eating these AGAIN (so good I can’t help myself!) but they really are a lifesaver. Personally I prefer to make them in my crockpot (more on that here!) because it’s so convenient and much cheaper than cans. But as long as they’re cook they’ll work for this recipe. Cooking them in a crockpot allows me to make a bunch at one time and use them for whatever throughout the week.
I recently posted these BBQ babies in a FB group because I just had to share how delicious and complete they made my dinner that night and I had so many responses I HAD to share them with my foodies.
Also I may have forgotten to mention but this is a TWO (yep 2!) ingredient recipe. All the extras are just whatever you prefer to add to your wrap, but only two required: chickpeas and BBQ sauce.
If you’re not a fan of BBQ feel free to add any other kind of sauce. I’m personally a BBQ addict and live for BBQ’s so anything with BBQ sauce has got me hooked.
In my post above I just ate them plain Jane with veggies and quinoa and it was still AMAZING. Honestly you can’t really screw up the simplicity of mother nature. Just douse your chickpeas in BBQ sauce and eat them however you want!
BBQ Chickpea Wraps
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (I prefer this method)
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (or any other preferred sauce)
- tomato sliced
- cucumber sliced
- red onion sliced
- In a medium sauce pan roast chickpeas until lightly toasted on all sides. Be sure to move around every few minutes so they do not burn.
- Once chickpeas are toasted, stir in BBQ sauce until evenly coated.
- Assemble your wrap! Add chickpeas and all other veggies to wrap and enjoy! Tip: I prefer to wait a few minutes until the chickpeas have cooled so not to wilt the vegetables.