Tilapia is one of those dishes that you could dress it up any way you want or even not at all and it would still be tasty. Well today I dressed it up in a Chipotle butter sauce that takes about one minute to make. Yep! You read that right!! For this recipe it’s another blend and saute..that’s it!
The name pretty much gives it away that we’ll be using chiles in this recipe. Not a fan of spice? Don’t worry, you can easily tone down or spice up the heat in this recipe.
To add a little more heat just add in an extra chile or two until you hit the sweet spot. Want to tone it down? I’d recommend not adding any chiles at all and instead stick to only using the adobo sauce. The sauce it’s self might be a little spicy but the heat gets toned down when mixed with the butter. Adding just the adobo sauce allows you to still get a good flavor without the heat.
Chipotle tilapia is a perfect meal for busy week nights because it’s so quick. Seafood just cooks faster in general compared to most other foods and meat. After blending the chipotle sauce ingredients together, just add the sauce to a pan and add in the fish filets. Wait til they’re cooked through and done!
This recipe is also very similar to Mexican Garlic Shrimp, another super option for week night meals. If you LOVE this recipe be sure to check out my other recommendations to you below.
- 1 stick butter
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1-2 tbs white vineger
- 3-4 tbs adobo sauce
- 1-2 chipotle chiles (adjust to heat)
- Tilapia filets
- Place butter in microwavable bowl and microwave until melted.
- Add butter, garlic, oregano, adobo and chiles to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add chipotle sauce to a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add Tilapia to the saucepan cooking for about 10 minutes, flipping about half way through. Be sure not to over crowd the pan so that fish can cook evenly.
If you LOVE this recipe please leave a comment and let me know! You might also love these similar recipes.